Ridwan said that his administration had kept 706 suspected cases under surveillance and 182 others under observation. Of those under surveillance, 54 have been declared negative for COVID-19, while 28 others were still awaiting results, according to him.The West Java administration’s confirmation that the Cianjur case – a 50-year-old male employee at a state-owned enterprise – had indeed died of COVID-19 ran contrary to the Health Ministry’s claim earlier this month. It had insisted that the patient had previously tested negative for the coronavirus.“The patient in Cianjur is among those observed as negative. Therefore, he died not because of COVID-19,” said the ministry’s disease control and prevention directorate general secretary, Achmad Yurianto, on March 3.Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi was confirmed on Saturday evening to have been among the confirmed patients. He was labeled Case 76. (rfa)Topics : West Java Governor Ridwan Kamil has announced that six West Java residents have tested positive for COVID-19, including one who died in Cianjur regency whom the Health Ministry had previously claimed was not COVID-19 positive.“The six positive cases include Case 1 and Case 2 who are residents of Depok, one Cianjur resident who died, two cases in Bekasi who are the wife and child of the Cianjur patient, one case in Bandung and one patient in Cirebon who has been undergoing treatment at the Sunan Gunung Jati General Hospital,” Ridwan told the press in Bandung on Sunday. It is unclear whether the four other cases are among the 117 cases announced by the Health Ministry on Sunday.