Tag: 上海油压店攻略

Want to bid for HR-focused jobsWant to bid for HR-focused jobs

first_img Previous Article Next Article With 15 years’ military instructor (pilot) experience, and 10 years’commercial training and development, I find myself redundant at 47. I have aBSc, BEd in adult education and development, and will shortly achieve bothlevel A and intermediate level B psychometric testing qualifications.Throughout my career I have dabbled extensively in HR (the HR manager in mycurrent position reports to me) and have a very good – but not expert –knowledge of this function. I see many jobs advertised as ‘HR and trainingmanager’. What HR-type certificates/ qualifications can I rapidly obtain thatwould allow me to bid for some of these more HR-focused roles? Caroline Battson, consultant, Macmillan Davies Hodes With the commercial experience that you have already gained in your career Iwould highly recommend that you look to develop your skills further within theHR and training field. First level courses you could consider would be the CTP(Certificate Of Training Practice) or CPP (Certificate Of Personnel Practice).These take around 10 months part-time, depending on the institution attended. As you already have a BSc in Adult Educational and Development you may findthese courses a little basic, and might want to consider going straight ontothe advanced level post-graduate course or PDS – Professional Development Scheme.This is a two or three-year course (again dependant on the hours andeducational institution) and will give you graduate membership with the CIPD. Universities will often incorporate the PDS within their MA in HRM courses,which would also be worth considering. If you would like further informationyou can get free advice from the CIPD on 020 8971 9000. Victoria Wall, managing director, Victoria Wall Associates In this current market it is essential that we offer realistic advice.Employers can now afford to select candidates with both relevant experience andthe professional qualifications to fill their HR roles. It is thereforeadvisable, if you have not already done so, for you to join the CIPD as amember, and immediately enrol on the CIPD course. This on your CV, coupled with your A and B training in psychometric testing,should convince potential employers of your suitability and commitment to an HRcareer. Use your degree in adult education and focus on training anddevelopment. Running assessment and development centres would be a good start,along with overseeing graduate training programmes. Peter Sell, joint managing director, DMS Consultancy You will have noticed that most ‘HR and training manager’ vacancies ask forCIPD qualifications. They often specify corporate membership, which is memberof the CIPD (MCIPD) or fellow (FCIPD). The CIPD qualification through thecollege or flexible learning route will normally take more than two years. Youcould look at NVQs in personnel or the professional assessment route. Theprofessional assessment route is open to those with more than five years’management level experience, of which at least three must have been in HR. Although an HR qualification will help in your job search, prospective employerswill be more interested in your experience. On your CV, you will need to putacross your HR experience in a more appropriate way. The fact you had an HRmanager reporting to you should be evidence of knowledge. Features list 2021 – submitting content to Personnel TodayOn this page you will find details of how to submit content to Personnel Today. We do not publish a… Comments are closed. center_img Want to bid for HR-focused jobsOn 24 Sep 2002 in Military, Personnel Today Related posts:last_img read more