Image Courtesy: ReutersAdvertisement g9jNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs2xiWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E3rw2b( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 8nWould you ever consider trying this?😱a7i6nyCan your students do this? 🌚6t1qRoller skating! Powered by Firework Iconic Brazilian footballer Ronaldinho was recently arrested in Paraguay for allegedly travelling in the country with a counterfeit passport. While the superstar is currently in detention, his lawyers are pushing for a temporary bail out of the jail before a proper hearing takes place. While statements have come forward that the player himself had no hand in the fake passport arrangements, the footballer’s trial hasn’t taken place yet.Advertisement Image Courtesy: ReutersThe former Barcelona and AC Milan icon arrived in Paraguay along with his brother Roberto after receiving invitation for a conference arranged by some charitable organisations. While the immigration didn’t recognise the fake passports, the police later raided the footballer’s hotel room and seized their IDs.Although the public prosecutor Federico Delfino has not pursued charges against Ronaldinho and Roberto, the brothers are still kept in detention in Asuncion.Advertisement Ronaldinho’s laywer Sergio Queiroz has described the incident as “illicit, illegal and unlawful,” as the player himself stated that he had no idea about the passports being fake.“Ronaldinho did not commit a crime because he did not know that the passport they gave him was faked,” Queiroz was recently quoted by Paraguay media.Advertisement The lawyer, who is pushing for a temporary bail for Ronaldinho and his brother from their current pre-trial detention, also added that the brothers were invited to Paraguay for brand promotion.Sérgio Fernando Moro, the Minister of Justice and Public Security of the Government of Brazil had contacted the Paraguayan justice ministry, sources have claimed.Meanwhile, the foundation named ‘Angelic Fraternity’, which invited Ronaldinho for the event, has been revoked of their legal status by an official decree from the Paraguayan president Mario Abdo on Monday.The foundation’s administrator, Dalia Lopez had clarified that the incident was out of her knowledge, as Lopez wasn’t directly involved for inviting or sponsoring Ronaldinho for the promotional event, and that she ‘never suspected’ the intermediates that were dealing with the brothers’ passports. Her lawyers have also stated that Ronaldinho paid the intermediates $5,000 to ‘accelerate the process to issue the passports.’However, a businessman named Wilmondes Sousa Lira, who was arrested for allegedly giving the fake passports to Ronaldinho and his brother, has charged Lopez for being the primary responsible behind the forgery.Also read-Serie A cancelled for the first time since World War 2 due to Coronavirus outbreak in Italy Advertisement
Government is yet to sign the contract with India-based construction firm Fedders Lloyd for the construction ofAn artist’s impression of the Specialty Hospitalthe controversial Specialty Hospital.Health Minister Dr George Norton told Guyana Times on Wednesday that the contract is currently with the Indian government. He said as soon as the Indian government completes its evaluation, it will be handed to the Government of Guyana.Finance Minister Winston Jordon recently said the project was moving at a rapid pace, with consultants currently putting the documentation together ahead of the first phase of construction expected to begin by midyear.Jordan said Fedders Lloyd had already modified the design, taking into account the work already done by the previous contractor, Surendra Engineering.He assured the project would cost no more than the remaining US$13 million (of an initial $18 million) line-of-credit provided by the Indian Exim Bank.In 2012, the hospital contract was awarded to Surendra Engineering to design and construct the facility.Its services were subsequently terminated owing to several contractual breaches.The matter was taken to the High Court and compensation was accordingly awarded to Government.During that initial bidding process, Fedders Lloyd was disqualified, but the company’s legal representative Khemraj Ramjattan (now Vice President and Public Security Minister) had argued against that verdict.Despite this, the A Partnership for National Unity/Alliance For Change (APNU/AFC) coalition, even while in Opposition, contended that Fedders Lloyd was wronged.Shortly after assumption to office, the government signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the disqualified company to undertake the construction, citing that it would be more economical and less time-consuming than going through the transparent process of retendering.The government’s decision to hand the contract to the company was made despite a public outcry over the manner in which the award was handled and concerns about the lack of transparency and accountability surrounding the entire transaction.
Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Fracking studies continue to underline safe practises for industryFracking studies continue to underline safe practises for industry
Two new reports from an expert panel on hydraulic fracturing in Nova Scotia suggest the process, if handled properly, does not pose a serious threat to groundwater supply, at least in that province.The panel, led by Cape Breton University President David Wheeler, says the province’s stable geology will make contamination of drinking water wells less likely.The panel says there’s little chance the fracking process itself could impact drinking water aquifers because the oil and gas deposits being sought are deep underground.- Advertisement -However, it also says that operational practices at drilling sites must be carefully monitored and further research is needed to determine how fracking waste-water can be disposed of safely.
Lopez pulled over at 220th Street and Western Avenue. The deputy realized it was Lopez and arrested him on suspicion of the shooting, Reynolds said. Deputies quickly learned that the car Lopez was driving, a 1998 Nissan, was taken in a carjacking in Torrance about an hour earlier. Lopez allegedly walked up to a man in a parking lot in the 21500block of Western Avenue, pulled a gun and demanded his car, Torrance police officer Dave Crespin said. Lopez was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, carjacking and evading arrest. He was held on $2.37 million bail. Deputies are investigating whether Lopez is linked to a shooting Monday of a 46-year-old woman and her adult son in the 100 block of East 213th Street in Carson, Reynolds said. Officers suspect a gunman began shooting at a gang member walking in the area. His bullets hit the woman’s leg and her son’s arm and foot. The two were standing in front of their home. Deputies said they will recover. firstname.lastname@example.org 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! By Larry Altman STAFF WRITER A gang member sought in the July shooting of a man in Carson was captured early Tuesday, shortly after he allegedly committed a carjacking in Torrance, sheriff’s deputies said. Jonathan Lopez, 19, might have continued to elude law enforcement had he not run a stop sign, drawing the attention of a Carson sheriff’s deputy. Lopez is a suspect in the July 14 shooting of a man at 212th Street and Bolsa Avenue in Carson. Sheriff’s Sgt. Fred Reynolds said Lopez and Eddie Saavedra, 23, both Carson gang members, allegedly opened fire on another vehicle from their car. A victim was shot 10 times and survived. The wounded man was not a gang member, just a person in a “strange car in a strange neighborhood,” Reynolds said. Carson gang investigators identified Saavedra and Lopez as suspects in the crime. Saavedra was arrested Aug. 10, but deputies could not find Lopez. A warrant accusing him of attempted murder was issued for his arrest. Early Tuesday morning, a deputy on patrol saw Lopez run a stop sign at Main and 234th streets in Carson. The deputy tried to stop the car, but the driver took off, leading a four-minute high-speed chase.
“We see a lot of things, but this was a first for us,” customs spokesman Kees Nanninga said Thursday. “It looked like they were cut open, the drugs hidden in their backs and then they were glued back together again,” he said. The insects held only about 10 ounces of cocaine, worth about $11,000, he said. The discovery was made this summer in a routine check at a postal sorting office but was made public Thursday. Nanninga said he did not know whether anyone was prosecuted. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! DISCOVERY: Netherlands officials net 100 dead Peru bugs packed with cocaine. By The Associated Press AMSTERDAM, Netherlands – As drug mules, bugs don’t carry much. And they didn’t get by customs in the Netherlands. A customs officer who took a close look at a consignment of more than 100 large, dead bugs sent from Peru to the Netherlands discovered cocaine had been stashed in their backs.
Inter Milan warn Man United Ivan Perisic’s asking price may spiral to £61mInter Milan warn Man United Ivan Perisic’s asking price may spiral to £61m
1 Ivan Perisic Inter Milan have warned Manchester United Ivan Perisic’s asking price could rise to £61m if they do not sign him today.The Premier League giants have been quoted a price for £44m for the Croatian winger, but they are refusing to offer more than £26m.That amount equates to what Inter need to raise by today to ensure they do not breach Financial Fair Play regulations.However, according to Gazzetta dello Sport, the Italian side are prepared to raise those funds from elsewhere if United continue to play hardball.Inter are reportedly ready to sell Ever Banega, Fabio Eguelfi, Federico Dimarco, Gianluca Caprari and Senna Miangue in a range of deals which would equate to the £26m needed to meet Financial Fair Play regulations.That would mean the Serie A side would no longer have to sell Perisic and they’ve warned suitors his price will rocket as a result.Inter were willing to sell the 28-year-old for £44m right now, but from July his asking price could be as much as £61m.
Golf: Margey claims captain’s prize at Glencar Inn Golf SocietyGolf: Margey claims captain’s prize at Glencar Inn Golf Society
The Glencar Inn Golf Society held its most prestigious outing of the season recently with Kenny Chamber’s Captain’s Day at Letterkenny Golf Club.The ever accurate hitting Ed Margey produced the winning score ahead of the short game specialist Jimmy Gleeson, while the up and coming new kid on the block Jackie Duffy was third.The category prizes on the day were collected by Kieran Sweeney (cat 1),Rory Gallagher (cat 2), Sean Gilroy (cat 3), Shaun Harley (cat 4) –Past Captain’s prize went to Brian Carney, while Paddy O’Gorman pickedup the ”2’s”, Non Qualifer – Henry McGahey, Back nine – MarkPonsonby, Front nine – Shane Thompson, Visitors prize – EugeneMcKeever A special word of thanks goes to the Ladies for the burgers andsandwiches on the 10th hole (Christine Chambers, Siobhan Gibbons andMichelle Thompson).Thanks to our sponsors Liam Sweeney Electrical and the Glencar Inn(Martin Gibbons) and for the 2 guys who made the food in the GlencarInn afterwards – Paddy Gafney and Eugene McLaughlin, and overall manythanks to our captain – Kenny Chambers, for a job well done.Thanks also to letterkenn Golf Club for the use of the club on such a busyday.Michael Gibbons, Ed Margey, Shaun Harley, Derek Kelly,Jackie Duffy, Kenny Chambers (captain),Michael McElhinney, ShaneGallagher and Michael O’ReillyOur next outing will be to City of Derry Golf Club on Sunday 25thSeptember tee off 10.30am sharp so get the clubs washed and clean andready to do it all again. Golf: Margey claims captain’s prize at Glencar Inn Golf Society was last modified: September 5th, 2016 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
WHITTIER — First-grader Charisma Tanaka gasped, smiled and clapped her hands when she was told that her class would be the first to be read a book in Broadoaks School’s Rebecca Suzanne Park Children’s Library, which recently moved into a new building. The new facility, a cozy house that has been transformed into the library and a cooking school, opened Monday on the Whittier College campus. It will be available to Broadoaks School students in the next few weeks. The book that christened the library’s opening was “Diary of a Worm.” Though most of the 25 students who sat on the carpeted floor of the main room in the library to hear the story – read by donor and college trustee Ernie Park – already knew it well, they took delight in the worm’s tales. The library is staffed by parent volunteers who moved the books and built the tall, wooden bookshelves that hold the children’s books. Most of the books are stacked alphabetically and by subject in the main room. Two smaller specialized rooms are on either side of the main room. One is for Juvenile Literature and Historical Fiction, and the other is a beginning reader room. “Then, we went through and separated the books by genre,” said parent and library co-chair Jennifer Bergerson. “We put them on shelves, cleaned and decorated the library. My son visited on Friday and gave me his seal of approval.” Students can check out books at the library and bring them home to read. Bergerson said it offers them a sense of responsibility. Teachers will use the library as a reading room, and can use class sessions to browse and check out books. “Teachers arrange for children to come over class-by-class and lend books. It’s so cozy, it just feels snuggly (sic),” said the school’s director Judith Wagner. “When our children graduate from sixth grade, we ask them about their memories and they almost always say something about our library.” Sandy Mazza may be reached by calling (562) 698-0955, Ext. 3026, or by e-mail at email@example.comWant local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREWalnut’s Malik Khouzam voted Southern California Boys Athlete of the Week Broadoaks School was founded in 1906 as a home for abandoned children in Pasadena. In 1931, it became a part of Whittier College, after a teacher education program was developed there. It officially moved onto the college campus in 1945. In 1996, Broadoaks School’s library opened, with the help of Park. When Park’s daughter died in 2002, the library was re-named in honor of her. “Becky would be amazed to have a library named after her,” Park said at Monday’s re-opening celebration for the library, “considering the number of arguments we had getting her to read.” Due to space restrictions, the library had to be used as a classroom last year for some of Broadoaks School’s 300 students. Many of the nearly 7,000 books were put in storage, and had to be moved – box by box – into the Perry House for the opening.
GONE TO POT! CANNABIS PLANTS FOUND RIGHT BESIDE GARDA STATIONGONE TO POT! CANNABIS PLANTS FOUND RIGHT BESIDE GARDA STATION
Gardai have found a number of cannabis plants growing – just 50 yards from their station.The plants were found dumped in a field on land across from Buncrana Garda station in Co Donegal.Gardai have confirmed the plants were found on McCarter’s Road while the area was being cleared by workers. The plants have been removed and are being examined by Gardai.It is not known how long the plants had ben there.The land was due to be developed a number of years ago but the building had not gone ahead.It is understood the and is now owned by NAMA.Nobody has been arrested in relation to the find. GONE TO POT! CANNABIS PLANTS FOUND RIGHT BESIDE GARDA STATION was last modified: May 26th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Buncrana Garda stationcannabisdonegal